2019 Election Update

I am no longer an MP as Parliament has been dissolved, and I am not seeking re-election. South Cambridgeshire will therefore be represented by a new Member of Parliament from mid-December.

MPs usually help with matters for which central government is directly responsible. These issues include:

  • Benefits, pensions, National Insurance, and other matters dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions
  • Immigration and other problems dealt with by the Home Office
  • Tax issues involving HM Revenue and Customs
  • Problems with the NHS
  • Problems with the Child Maintenance Service or Child Support Agency
  • School grants and closures

During dissolution, if you have an urgent (i.e. extremely pressing or life threatening) problem which cannot wait until after the General Election, please contact my office for advice: 01223 830037.  Please note, my staff will only be able to assist with the most urgent casework that cannot wait until the appointment of a new MP.

Problems with local authority services, such as waste collection, road maintenance, planning, and school and housing allocation are managed by South Cambridgeshire District Council or Cambridgeshire County Council and should be raised with your local Councillors in the first instance. Please use the links below to find details of your local council representative:



For general help and advice that does not have an urgent deadline, please contact the Citizen’s Advice Bureau. You can find your local branch here: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/contact-us/